The IPA is excited to announce that the international Pompe community has chosen April 15, 2014 as the first annual International Pompe Day!
The goal of International Pompe Day is to foster international awareness of Pompe Disease and the slogan for our day is "Together We Are Strong". The IPA encourages everyone to become involved in our inaugural International Pompe Day to show how STRONG our Community is – both in numbers and in passion!
There are several ways that you can participate!
Upload a photo to the International Pompe Day website. (expired link)
- The photo can be of you, your family and friends, or community showing what "Together We Are Strong" means to you!
- Please use the Upload Form for uploading your photo. (Upload is closed.)
Participate in the International Pompe Day Art Contest!
- There will be four categories for the contest: Ages 0-5; 6-10; 11-18; 18+
- Participants can submit an essay, photo, drawing/artwork, etc that depicts what "Together We Are Strong" means to them.
- The deadline for submissions is April 1, 2014 and winners will be announced on April 15, 2014.
- More information: Official Rules, Online Entry Form (links deactivated because the deadline for submissions has passed)
Become a Supporter!
- Organizations are invited and encouraged to become Supporters of International Pompe Day by submitting their logo (or name) for publication on the International Pompe Day website (expired link).
- Please email your logo to InternationalPompeDay@worldpompe.org
Buy Your Official International Pompe Day Merchandise!
- Merchandise is available at the International Pompe Day Shop on Cafe Press.
- The Shop is hosted by the Acid Maltase Deficiency Association and proceeds will go towards Pompe Disease Awareness.