Welcome to the International Pompe Association (IPA)
April 15, 2021
Today is our 8th International Pompe Day!
The goal of International Pompe Day is to foster international awareness of Pompe Disease and the slogan for our day is Together We Are Strong.
The IPA believes that raising awareness about Pompe Disease is key, and the theme selected for 2021 is Pompe Around The World in order to show what it is like to live, cope, or how we are connected with Pompe all over the world, that no matter where we live we are all connected as a united community.
Our Pompe Around the World contributions have been collected in a dedicated blog that the IPA has specifically created ipompeday.blogspot.com/2021
Thanks to all that have contributed, and happy International Pompe Day to our amazing Pompe community, to the Pompe warriors, families, carers, medical specialists and all those contributing to a better future all around the world!
The WORLD symposium is an annual conference which brings together clinicians, scientists, industry and patients from all over the world to learn and share knowledge on all Lysosomal Diseases (LDs). In consideration of the current COVID-19 pandemic, this year the conference was virtual-only.
Please join us in this webcast to listen to Allan Muir, International Pompe Association and Pompe Support Network UK, talk about what he has learned at this year’s event, with Raymond Saich, International Pompe Association and Australian Pompe Association.
The webcast is also available at this link (courtesy of the Pompe Support Network).
You can activate the auto-translate feature to have subtitles in your own language. This feature is only available on personal computer browser.
April 15, 2021 will be our 8th Annual International Pompe Day!
The IPA believes that raising awareness of Pompe Disease is key, and this year’s theme has been selected as “Pompe Around the World.”
How You can Participate:
- Our goal with Pompe Around the World is to show what it is like to live, cope, or how you are connected with Pompe all over the world — that no matter where we live we are all connected. Please take a picture that represents where you live and share a short statement about your life.
- Send an email to email@example.com
- the subject of your email will be the title of your post;
- the body of the email will be the post itself, where you can share your short statement;
- to include your photo in your post, you can simply attach the image to your email (total size max. 10 MB).
- Please include your name, country and age in the email, so we can show the world how strong our Community is.
By submitting a contribution, you agree that it is published on our 2021 International Pompe Day blog: ipompeday.blogspot.com
The Blog will go live on International Pompe Day—April 15, 2021. However, we will post a list of submissions, which will be periodically updated, so that you can see if your submission has been received.