Art Contest Entry Form
Deadline for Submissions: April 8, 2016
The 2016 International Pompe Day Art Contest is open to all Pompe Patients and family members of Pompe Patients.
There are four Categories of Entries: Ages 0-5; 6-10; 11-18; 18+.
The International Pompe Association (IPA) asks participants to create an art piece to highlight our motto: “Together We Are Strong.” Participants should think about what this motto means to them on a personal, community, national, or international level.
The 2016 International Pompe Day Art Contest is sponsored by the International Pompe Association (IPA).
Contest Eligibility Requirements
Qualified Participants are allowed to submit an art piece which may be represented in two-dimensions to be entered in the Art Contest. Participants are encouraged to use their creativity and create art pieces in any format they choose (including, but not limited to, drawings, paintings, films, photography, essays, comics, collages, etc). Each submission must be accompanied by a signed Contest Entry Form. All Qualified Participants under the age of 18 must have their parent or legal guardian sign the Parental Permission Release Form. All participants must agree to the republications, reproduction, or any other use of the submissions and the likenesses, personals, and voices contained therein by the IPA. All participants must certify that the submission is the original work of Qualified Participant. Submissions are subject to verification for compliance with these Rules.
Steps to Enter
Qualified Participants must:
- Read and agree to the Contest Rules.
- Complete a Art Contest Entry Form. All submissions must be accompanied by a signed and completed 2016 International Pompe Day Art Contest Entry Form signed by the participant or parent/guardian as applicable.
- Create a submission that highlights the theme “Together We Are Strong.”
- Submit a two-dimensional representation of the submission (photograph, short video clip, scanned image, etc) to InternationalPompeDay@worldpompe.org
- Contest entries will be accepted until April 8, 2016.
- All Qualified Participants under the age of 18 must have their parent or guardian sign the Parental Permission Release.
- Selection of winners and runners-up will be based on originality, creativity, adherence to theme, and overall quality.
- One winner and two runners-up will be chosen from among the eligible entries in each age category. Winners will be announced on April 15, 2016 on the International Pompe Day Website.
Conditions of Participation:
- By entering, participants agree to defend and indemnify the International Pompe Association and it’s principles, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the contest as a result of receiving participants’ submissions and/or misuse of any prize.
- Each participant agrees that the International Pompe Association may retain a copy of the submitted art and releases the sponsor from liability for any loss or damage thereto. Each participant, by submitting the art, also consents, approves and authorizes the sponsor the right to use, broadcast, webcast, podcast, link to or from, syndicate, or otherwise exhibit or display the submitted pieces in its original or an altered form or format.
- Each participant grants the International Pompe Association the unqualified, unrestricted, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual and royalty-free right to use his or her name, logo, marks, submission entries, and other distinctive identification in connection with promoting or marketing the contest or its theme, and future contests, materials or as the sponsor(s) determine.
- The rights described in these official rules begin immediately upon submission of the art piece.
- The International Pompe Association has no obligation to post or display any submitted piece and may at its discretion remove any submitted pieces at any time.
- The participant releases the International Pompe Association from any and all claims by third parties or the participant in connection with the submitted piece
Questions? If you and any questions or comments in relation to the contest, please contact the IPA at InternationalPompeDay@worldpompe.org.