October 18-19, 2014 in Wychwood Park, Weston, Crewe, Cheshire, CW2 5GP, United Kingdom
The AGSD-UK offers several workshops. Two of them concern Pompe disease.
On Saturday a 3 hrs workshop will host a Pompe Infants Workshop led by Joan Fletcher CNS for families caring for Pompe infants.
Topics will include:
- ERT Outcomes - Dr. Alex Broomfield (Manchester Children's Hospital)
- Clinical Psychology
- Physiotherapy - Michelle Wood (GOSH)
- Speech and Language - Sonia Lozano (GOSH)
- Newborn Screening - Prof. Simon Heales (GOSH)
- Treatment Guidelines - Dr. Simon Jones (Manchester Children's Hospital)
On Saturday and Sunday a varied program will be available in the Pompe Adult Workshop.
- Respiratory Issues and Back Pain - Mark Roberts, Royal Salford Hospital
- Mindfulness - Sam Murduck (PST)
- Exercise and Diet - Steve Dando (National, London) and Nicola Condon (UHB)
- Program Update - Amicus Therapeutics
- Pompe Publications (101 Top Tips) - Angela Biggs (PST)
- Research Developments - Powell Gene Therapy Centree, University of Florida
- International Pompe Day - Ben Parker (PST)
- Fundraising initiatives for Pompe - Allan Muir (AGSD-UK)
- Pompe Advocacy Requirements - Joan Fletcher and Allan Muir (AGSD-UK)
- Pathways to Diagnosis - Genzyme UK