April 20-21, 2012 at Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
United Pompe Foundation (UPF) Pompe Social & Patient Meeting
The United Pompe Foundation (UPF) has organised a Pompe Social & Patient Meeting at Duke University Medical Center in Durham, North Carolina.
Dr. Priya Kishnani & the Duke Pompe Team will hold clinic on Thursday, April 19th & Friday, April 20th at Lenox Baker Hospital, Durham, North Carolina. Please read the invitation for further information.
On Friday, April 20, 2012 there will be a Patient Social and ‘Open Mic’ from 6.00 p.m. – 9.00 p.m.
On Saturday, April 21, 2012 the Pompe Patient Program will be held from 9.30 p.m. – 3.30 p.m.
Featured presentations are about:
- Current Status of Enzyme Replacement Therapy & Future Directions
- The Role of Physical Therapy, Exercise & Diet
- Pompe Disease Registry
- Respiratory Complications & Respiratory Muscle Strength Training (RMST)
- Antibodies in Pompe Disease & the Importance of Monitoring
- MRI Surveillance in Pompe Disease