The IPA is excited to announce that the international Pompe community has chosen April 15 as the annual International Pompe Day! The goal of International Pompe Day is to foster international awareness of Pompe Disease and the slogan for our day is "Together We Are Strong". The IPA encourages everyone to become involved to show how STRONG our Community is – both in numbers and in passion! There are several ways that you can participate:
- Upload a photo to the International Pompe Day website.
- Participate in the International Pompe Day Activities!
- Become a Supporter! Organizations are invited and encouraged to become Supporters of International Pompe Day by submitting their logo (or name) for publication on the International Pompe Day website. Please email your logo to InternationalPompeDay@worldpompe.org
- Buy Your Official International Pompe Day Merchandise! Merchandise is available at the International Pompe Day Shop on Cafe Press. The Shop is hosted by the Acid Maltase Deficiency Association and proceeds will go towards Pompe Disease Awareness.
To celebrate International Pompe Day on 15th April 2017, IPA has expanded the annual art contest to include any art form that shows off the talents of individuals living with Pompe and their family members. Choosing winners of the ToP Award will be a challenge in itself; but our aim is to celebrate the wide range of talents within the international Pompe community. All submissions will be displayed in a special section of the IPA website after the event.
ToP Awards Theme
There is no prescribed theme this year, your talent alone will illustrate how you transcend Pompe Disease; your work may like to reference the International Pompe Day slogan “Together we are Strong”, but that is not mandatory.
Your talent can be any visual art you like; it may include for example:
- Crafts (Woodwork, Jewellery, Carving, Basketry, ...)
- Literature (Prose, Poetry, ...)
- Performing arts (Dance, Music, Acting, Comedy, Puppetry, Magic, Spoken word, Singing, Mime, ...)
- Conceptual art
- Textile arts
- Body art
- Industrial design (Graphic, Fashion, Interior, Decorative, ...)
Participants must read and agree to the Contest Rules. (Donload Contest Rules).
Submissions are invited from all ages, there are four age categories: 0-5; 6-10; 11-17 and 18+.
Submissions (text, graphic or video file) must be submitted via the Contest Entry Form (deadline has passed). If a file is too large for upload and submission in the form a link to the file can be provided (e.g. a link to a YouTube video or a link to a file hosted by a cloud service).
The deadline for submissions is April 8th 2017. IPA hope to announce the ToP Awards in each age category on, or shortly after, International Pompe Day (15th April 2017).