For Immediate Release January 21, 2015
The International Pompe Association (IPA) is excited to announce our plan to host an international dundraiser for the Second Annual International Pompe Day (April 15, 2015). And we need YOUR help!
International Fundraiser Planned
Proceeds from this fundraiser will go towards producing a short film developed and created by the IPA. The short film will be used to raise awareness of Pompe Disease and will be available to all of our Members and Affiliates for awareness and educational purposes.
As with selecting the date, logo, and slogan for International Pompe Day, the IPA would once again like to ask the international Pompe community for its help in choosing a fundraiser “theme.” Most people are aware of the extreme success of the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. What made it so successful, we believe, is that it: (1) was easy for people to do; (2) it was more or less free (just needed a bucket, ice, and water); and (3) it was fun for others to watch online!
So, we want to ask the international Pompe community to put their “thinking caps” on and come up with some suggestions for what the Pompe Fundraiser could be. Please email your suggestions (along with a brief explanation for why you believe it should be chosen) to Marsha Zimmerman. The IPA will be collecting fundraiser suggestions until Monday, March 2, 2015.
Voting will then take place until Monday, April 6, 2015. The fundraiser will go LIVE on April 15, 2015! Our fundraising goal is $50,000 (USD). Donations can be made directly to the IPA via our Paypal account or by wire transfer. More information on how to donate will be available soon.
Other Ways to Participate in International Pompe Day
In addition to the Fundraiser, the IPA intends to continue our activites from last year. The goal of International Pompe Day is to foster international awareness of Pompe Disease and the slogan for our day is "Together We Are Strong". The IPA encourages everyone to become involved in our Second Annual International Pompe Day to once again show how STRONG our Community is – both in numbers and in passion!
There are several ways that you can participate in addition to the fundraiser! These include:
Upload a photo to the International Pompe Day website.
- The photo can be of you, your family and friends, or community showing what “Together We Are Strong” means to you!
- Please use the Photo Upload Form for uploading your photo on the International Pompe Day website.
Participate in the International Pompe Day Art Contest!
- There will be four categories for the contest: Ages 0-5; 6-10; 11-18; 18+
- Participants can submit an essay, photo, drawing/artwork, etc that depicts what “Together We Are Strong” means to them.
- The deadline for submissions is Friday, April 3, 2015 and winners will be announced on April 15, 2015.
- More information: Official Rules, Art Contest Entry Form
Become a Supporter!
- Organizations are invited and encouraged to become Supporters of International Pompe Day by submitting their logo (or name) for publication on the International Pompe Day website.
- Please email your logo to Thomas Schaller at email@example.com.
Join the International Pompe Day Group on the IPA Community Forum!
- To join the Community Forum, please go to: https://worldpompe.org/index.php/community
- Once you have registered on the Community Forum, you can join the International Pompe Day Group by clicking on “International Pompe Day” under the Groups tab of the Community Forum, and then click “Join this Group”