The IPA is excited to announce that the international Pompe community has chosen April 15 as the annual International Pompe Day! The goal of International Pompe Day is to foster international awareness of Pompe Disease and the slogan for our day is "Together We Are Strong". The IPA encourages everyone to become involved to show how STRONG our Community is – both in numbers and in passion! There are several ways that you can participate:
- Upload a photo to the International Pompe Day website.
- Participate in the International Pompe Day Activities!
- Become a Supporter! Organizations are invited and encouraged to become Supporters of International Pompe Day by submitting their logo (or name) for publication on the International Pompe Day website. Please email your logo to InternationalPompeDay@worldpompe.org
- Buy Your Official International Pompe Day Merchandise! Merchandise is available at the International Pompe Day Shop on Cafe Press. The Shop is hosted by the Acid Maltase Deficiency Association and proceeds will go towards Pompe Disease Awareness.
Moving On with Pompe!
April 15, 2019 will be our 6th International Pompe Day!
The IPA believes that raising awareness about Pompe Disease is key, and for this year the theme that has been selected is “Moving On with Pompe”: This is meant to be an encouraging and positive theme to show how it is possible to continue living a fulfilling life after diagnosis and despite the challenges of living with Pompe disease.
The International Pompe Association is calling on our global Pompe community to show how every one of us is Moving On with Pompe in the hope of inspiring others.
In order to collect these stories, the IPA has created a blog that individuals can post to.
How You can Participate:
You can share your photos and story, and inspire others on how you are Moving On with Pompe, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- the subject of your email will be the title of your post;
- the body of the email will be the post itself;
- to include a photo in your post, you can simply attach an image to your email (total size max. 10 MB).
- Please include your name, country and age in the email, so we can show the world how strong our Community is!
By submitting a contribution you agree that it is published on our 2019 International Pompe Day blog: https://ipd2019.blogspot.com/
Your submissions are not published before International Pompe Day on April 15, 2019, but we will post a list of submissions which is updated from time to time.